☀ My Summer Essentials ☀

/
0 Comments

We all want to fulfill our summer holiday before we get back to school or work.... don't worry I have this covered for you. I have accumulated a list of all the things that I think everyone needs for the summer time.

Lets start off with the basic things that everyone needs for this time of the year... 

Protection!  


& by protection I mean protecting your skin using sunscreen. My favorite sunscreen of all time is the Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock, this sunscreen is very moisturizing and blends in beautifully into your skin. Another very important feature of sunblock is that its waterproof, this means its job won't wear off if you sweat or decide to jump into a pool. 

You also want to make sure you are protecting your eyes from all the harmful UV rays of the sun. The more pigmented the lens is the more rays it will absorb. I absolutely love my Versace sunglasses which was a lovely gift from my mum ♥ 



Another essential thing this summer is you want to make sure your skin looks flawless and stays matte! I adore the pore- fessional from Benefit, not only does it minimize the appearance of pores but it also helps prevents your face from looking like a disco ball at the end of a hot and humid summer day. 

I love to keep my face refreshed especially by splashing water on it, but you are out and want a quick refresher that will also help soothe your skin from any irritation. I like to use the La Roche-posay thermal spring water, which is naturally anti-free radical, soothes and decongests. 

You also want to make sure you are keeping your skin moisturized at all times especially during the summer when you are constantly loosing water through sweat - Obviously you should also be drinking eight glasses of water a day as well! I am currently using the Floris moisturizing body lotion with Joboba oil, it smells super fresh. 

I tend to break out loads during the summer due my skin producing extra oil at this time. So one of the best remedies is a good clay mask. One of the workers at the body shop recommended the seaweed ionic clay mask for combination/ oily skin. 

The summer time is an opportunity to read all the books you never got to read through out the rest of the year and no reading experience is complete without a good smelling candle. Bath and body works probably has the best smelling candles... EVER!! 
Currently I am burning my way through the Tiki beach candle because I am not the best the best at describing scents here is what their website says about the candle: 


A scent as warm as the sun! A luxurious blend of toasted coconut, vanilla musk and orchids brings the glamour of a resort-stay to you.

Your room isn't the only thing that should be smelling nice this summer, I think perfumes are way too heavy and overwhelming for the hot weather and so a good body mist is just right! It has a settle and long lasting smell without being too overpowering 

Colorful accessories are what accentuate this season for me! 


I think a colorful scarf is a must for the summer time! It bright, fun and adds an instant pop of color to every outfit. 

Changing up your phone cover to one with more patterns and color is such a small gesture but makes a big difference in your mood and the environment. 

The final and most essential thing is good pool or beach flip flops, you want comfortable and robust sandals or flip flops that are simplistic and nice looking. I adore my pink flip flops, the bow at the front instantly dresses it up. 

What is one thing that you can't live with in the summer time? 

For me personally its a good sunscreen.


Hope you guys found this helpful in any way, 


Haya xx


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.