NYFW: Fabulous Friday

/
0 Comments
The Mercedes-Benz fashion week is on their second day already?! I have to say I am perpetually surprised by what is put out on the runway. As distinct as each show is I am able to see the same thread running through all the collections, the 2015 spring trends are becoming more evident.

Without further ado...

Carmen Marc Valvo

I was truly impressed by this fashion show. I loved the use of graphic, bold and contrasting lines to outline the garments, I thought the illusion of a slimmer body created with the lining and the mesh/ sheer panelling used at the sides was very flattering. The clothing looked light and rippled by the motion of the models, the cutouts and leather belt added a harsher dynamic. The collection was kept very simplistic in terms of the color scheme with monochromes, however there was a pop of corals, blues, pastels and metallics. There were a variety of items showcased from pleated skirts, jumpsuits to bodysuits. In terms of styling I adored the bold red lip, the low bun and the sliver streak that moved down the fringe, the sliver in the hair reminded me of Anna from frozen.



Rebecca Minkoff

I have to start off by saying the live band next to the runway was a really amazing touch. The entire runway had blue lightening and it seemed to be the main color of the collection, with both light and dark blues. On the runway there was also pinks, coral and of course white. The runway incorporated lace, stripes and floral patterns. I really enjoyed the cutouts on the lower back that formed squares or triangles, it was this little element of surprise that I thought was great. I also thought the ruffles were really well done. I have to say the 3D prints in the clothing at the end was brilliant although I couldn't see it from my side of the screen I'm sure it was a really fun element to view. The constantly talked about phone charger bracelet did not make an appearance on the runway however.


Haya xx


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.